Pop Up

Wednesday 8 April 2020

Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose
A bud of golden hope
Just arrived at my door
Tightly coiled in the clasp
Of tiny twirling branches
Carrying the promise of
Bright spring days and
Ripening blossoms
In its furled beauty.
So these coiled days
Where we draw in,
Carry the promise of
Greater care and tenderness
When from bud we bloom
Carrying the love of those
We have lost on the branches
Of spring's golden song

These are truly extraordinary times - not least because of the outpouring of love and care which rises to sustain us amidst the grief and fear. Just wanted to say a huge THANKYOU to everyone who has sent me messages, pictures, jokes, flowers, donations, given me shout-outs, come to sing online or stopped for a socially distant chat. I really miss you all, Zoom Choirs make me mist up and my heart goes out to all frontline workers, those who are unwell, those grieving loved ones and those facing this crisis in poverty, war, violence and displacement. I hold hope that in the quiet time we are seeding potential for a huge hug fest and explosion of creativity that could help make our world a more loving, sustainable, fair, caring, beautiful place to be.
With thanks to Zuleika for the Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment