Pop Up

Tuesday 10 October 2017

Creative Sprint #Day 9 World Post Day

Creative Sprint #Day 9 World Post Day

A Tribute to the Postal Service In Lyrics

Hey Mr Postman

Please read the letter I wrote in my sleep
With help and consultation from the angels of the deep

Dear darlin' please excuse my writing, 
I can't stop my hands from shaking

This is my rock and roll love letter to you
I'm gonna sign it, I'm gonna send it
I'm gonna mail it right away

Remember I'll always be true and then while I'm away
I'll write home everyday and I'll send all my loving to you

Like a bird that's flying homewards
It's that Air Mail Special on the fly

Oh wait, please wait Mr Postman
Is there a letter in your bag for me?

I'm gonna smile and say 'I hope you're feeling better'
And sign with love, the way you do
I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter
And make believe it came from you

And darling then I read again, right from the start
Love letters straight from your heart

Signed, sealed delivered I'm yours

PS I love you, you you you
As I write this letter send my love to you




Songs
Please read the letter - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Dear Darlin - Olly Murs
This is my rock n roll love letter to you - Bay City Rollers
Air Mail Special - David Grisman, John Hartford, Mike Seeger
All My Loving - The Beatles
Mr Postman - The Marvelettes
I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter - Fats Waller
Love Letters - Ketty Lester
Signed Sealed Delivered I'm yours - Stevie Wonder
PS I Love You - the Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment