Pop Up

Sunday 25 February 2018

Spring Sphinx Awakening



Spring Sphinx Awakening

My breath laboured,
Electrified by the
Icy crisp clear day
I clamber along
Your rust-red flank
And nestle in the nook
Of your crumbling paws,
Hoping to catch a glimpse 

Of wisdom from your
Inscrutable smile as you
Survey the bright horizon.

The biting February cold
Is lighting fires in my ears
And tear-smarting my eyes,
But you, unflinching,
Give not even a twitch
Of your Victorian tail
And steady your gaze
On a wider vista.


We breathe, you and I.
You - without 
Moving a muscle,
Me - merging my
Moving body
With your magical
Timeless, breathless 
Breath

Regal Sphinx
Queen of Composure
Your royal cool steadies
The crashing of my
Beating heart 

Against it’s chambers.
Your silence,
A clarion call o

Clarity, resounding
The labyrinthine tunnels
Of troubled thoughts,
Cuts laser sharp
To the quick
Of this moment.


Spring awakening -
Nature's realignment -
Ricochets along my spine
Blowing all distraction sky-high
With a laughter-riddled
Crackle of sunlight.


We breathe, you and I.
And then it is done.




Crystal Palace Sphinx 24th February

No comments:

Post a Comment